I’m writing this on January 18, so it might be cheating. Mostly it’s procrastinating. One thing I’ve learned on this quest to become a full-time author is that the non-writing stuff is tedious and takes a ton of time. Nonetheless, here are the goals for this month.
- Subscribe to and set up a BookFunnel account and upload some content, then join at least one promotion event.
- Establish a Patreon with a few layers of support.
- Set up my Amazon Ads dashboard and run at least one ad for at least 14 days, then learn how to analyze the data from that campaign.
- Get to 350 followers on TikTok and upload at least one video every day.
- Finish the first draft of First Born, the fourth book in The Werewolf Saga.
- Finish copyediting The War Lord and make a decent cover, then publish it. This is the first novella in my Tarod the Nine-Fingered sword-and-sorcery fantasy series.
- Write Dust In the Wind and do pre-orders for a Valentine’s Day publication. Make the cover. This is the third volume in Adri Amanti’s First-Kiss Romance series.
- Another round of edits on Sleeper, the young adult paranormal novel with Carrie Jones, a sequel to In the Woods.
- Record at least one episode of The Werewolf Saga Podcast. (I want to have three recorded before I launch; microphone issues are holding me back.)
- Set up GumRoad and start making pages to sell books directly to readers, with delivery through BookFunnel.
That seems like a lot, I guess, particularly with a full-time teaching job and some ubering on the side, but it’s doable. Okay, some of those things are done and others are already partially done. You’ll have to wait for the end-of-the-month update to find out how they went.
Leave a Reply